Monday, March 30, 2009

So It's Come To This... A List of my favorite Simpson episodes

So I came up with a plan to list my favorite Simpson episodes. Take the basis of most seasons (well Ok, the Golden Age of Seasons 4-8) and construct a perfect season. Way harder than it sounds so I have included some of the near misses at the end.

  1. Treehouse of Horror: A collection of three segments that I enjoy- 1. Night of the dolphin, 2. Homer3, 3. The Shining
  2. Family episode: Mother Simpson
  3. Bart episode: Radio Bart "I'm Timmy O'Toole And I'm Stuck Down A well"
  4. Lisa episode: Lisa The Iconlonist
  5. Homer Episode: El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)
  6. Marge Episode: Life On the Fast Lane
  7. Abe Episode: Grandpa vs Sexual Inadequacy
  8. Apu Episode: Homer & Apu
  9. Celebrity guest star as a normal character (Albert Brooks as Hank Scorpio): You Only Move Twice "If you could kill a few people on your way that'd really help me out"
  10. Moe/Barney episode: Flaming Moes
  11. Sideshow Bob episode: Cape Feare
  12. Ensemble celebrity guests: HomerPalooza
  13. Clip Show: The 138th Episode Spectacular
  14. Travel episode: Bart VS Australia
  15. Homer in a new job episode: Homer The Smithers
  16. Flash back episode: And Maggie Makes Three
  17. Awesome song episode: Homer’s Barber Shop Quartet "baby on board" and lots of Beatles references
  18. Genre bending episode: 22 Short Films About Springfield
  19. Big event episode: Deep Space Homer
  20. Krusty episode: Kamp Krusty
  21. Personal Favorite: Two Bad Neighbours
  22. Springfield Elementary episode: The Principal and the Pauper People hate this episode but it is so subversive I love it.
And the runner ups:
Worst Episode Ever: Take My Wife, Sleaze > I just can't stand this episode especially the stupid fight at the end.
Episodes that were close to being included: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious, A Street Car Named Marge
How the hell did I leave out: Homer The Great, Homie The Clown, Mr Plow
Two Dozen And One Greyhounds, Lemon Of Troy, Homer’s Enemy, Bart After Dark, The Cartridge Family, Lisa The Simpson, The Last Temptation Of Krust (featuring the awesome Canyonero sequence)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah nice compilation
    U know which episode I love .. the April fools one !

    But that’s just between you and me .... smahed hat
    Lol

    ReplyDelete